Careers at VCH
Services Coordinator- Special Needs Housing
Venice Community Housing’s mission is to reduce homelessness, maximize affordable housing, empower low income constituents, provide social services, and advocate for public policy that protects and strengthens the economic, racial and cultural diversity of Venice and other neighborhoods on the Westside of Los Angeles.
The Policies and Programs (P&P) Department provides resident meetings and socials, supportive services, educational workshops and training, case management, information and referrals for almost 500 VCH residents, as well as after school programs service residents and community members. The Services Coordinator is responsible for direct services to VCH tenants and applicants, as well as general resident services support. Reports to the P&P Associate Director.
- Provide ongoing case management for a caseload of up to 20 Shelter Plus Care and other formerly homeless residents, including developing and implementing individual service plans and maintaining case files.
- Maintain records of client services and ensure service match requirement is met.
- Conduct home visits as needed for clients living throughout VCH properties.
- Provide information and referral to available services and resources in the community.
- Advocate for and assist residents to access eligible benefits and income.
- Develop and coordinate regular activities for residents, including resident meetings, educational workshops and trainings, social events and field trips to promote community integration.
- Ensure all services are documented and, when necessary, entered in the HMIS and CHAMP systems.
- Transport residents to appointments, services, community activities, and field trips.
- Participate in collaborative case conferences and supervisory meetings with other resident services programs, and/or other VCH staff, including property management.
- Attend weekly meetings with P&P staff and additional trainings and conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Significant experience in case management or related field; Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field preferred
- At least two years of experience working with homeless individuals with substance abuse, mental health issues, and/or chronic health conditions.
- Bilingual Spanish-English a plus.
- Experience providing counseling and/or case management.
- Effective communication with individuals in at-risk populations.
- Experience and knowledge of Westside community and social services a plus.
- Reliable transportation and valid California Driver License and proof of insurance is required.
- Class B license with passenger endorsement or willing to get obtain a Class B license within 3 months of employment.
Job frequently requires sitting for extended periods of time entering data into a computer and handling objects with hands. Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, driving, hearing, and lifting up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
$35,000-$40,000/year, depending on education and experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Aflac, 403 (b), vacation, sick time, 12 holidays and 2 personal days.
Please email your resume with a cover letter describing your qualifications to the Director of Operations at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also fax your resume to (310) 399-1130 or mail it to Venice Community Housing Corporation, 720 Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291. NO PHONE CALLS.
VENICE COMMUNITY HOUSING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER