Careers at VCH
Senior Project Manager
Venice Community Housing (VCH) is a community based, nonprofit organization engaged in a variety of housing and community development programs. VCH owns 208 units of affordable and supportive housing and an 8-unit bridge housing program for homeless families. In addition, VCH operates a comprehensive construction job training and transitional employment program for at-risk local youth and other youth development programs.
The Senior Project Manager has primary responsibility for the full range of development activities for selected housing and community development projects, including but not limited to managing new projects as well as the refinance and rehabilitation of VCH’s existing housing portfolio. Typically manages the more complex development projects with minimal direction.
This position will report directly to the Executive Director and will supervise VCH’s Rose Architectural Fellow.
- Manage at least two projects through the development process with minimal supervision, including oversight of design development, securing all necessary financing, management of third party consultants, construction oversight, construction and permanent financing escrow closings, and lease up.
- Perform due diligence and feasibility analysis for acquisition sites and new projects.
- Assemble and manage the development team including: negotiating and monitoring contracts; coordinating the work of the design consultants; overseeing the design of the project; ensuring the project complies with all regulatory requirements, commitments made, and VCH’s standards.
- Prepare and update financial proformas. Monitor development and construction budgets.
- Manage the negotiation with lenders, investors, sellers, architects, contractors and consultants on legal agreements, loan documents and contracts;
- Prepare, update, and adhere to project development schedules.
- Secure and close all public and private predevelopment, construction, and permanent financing needed to complete development projects.
- Manage the entitlement approval process to ensure complete and timely submissions and obtain approvals consistent with the development schedule.
- Support the community engagement process through activities such as attending stakeholder meetings, presenting at public hearings.
- Collaborate with asset management, property management, and resident services during the predevelopment, construction, and lease-up phases to ensure accurate budgets, high quality designs and smooth transitions to the operational phase.
- Manage the construction process including but not limited to: reviewing and processing pay applications, attending construction meetings, reviewing change orders, managing consultants to ensure timely responses to requests for information; ensuring punch list items are addressed.
- Complete administrative tasks as needed to complete essential duties and responsibilities.
- Perform well under stress and interact well with others.
- Provide regular project updates for the Executive Director, Management Team and Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please email your resume with a cover letter describing your qualifications to the Director of Operations at: email@example.com. You can also fax your resume to (310) 399-1130 or mail it to Venice Community Housing Corporation, 720 Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291. NO PHONE CALLS.
VENICE COMMUNITY HOUSING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER